I used to do this on my previous blogs — a weekly lowdown on how my weekend went. Aside from the joy of doing it, it also allows me to keep track on the many homebody stuff I’m always juggling — the books and comics I’m reading, the TV series I’m following, the movies I’m watching. It also allows me to assess how cool or lame that specific two-day break from work had been. As much as possible, I write it on a Monday, when the memory is still fresh, and the aftertaste, foul or otherwise, still lingers.
So, without further ado…
- Woke up, thought of biking, realized I slept past 3 a.m. last night, went back to sleep instead
- Accompanied the girls to the mall – they went to the salon, I to the toy store
- Caught a portion of Hi5’s mall performance (daughter not interested as she was not familiar with the new batch — no more Lauren Brant!)
- Bought Neil Gaiman’s The View from the Cheap Seats from the dullest National Bookstore branch in the world (no graphic novels!)
- Tried sprucing up the garden until twilight made it hard for me to see anything
- Watched Episode 4 of Fargo Season 3. Would’ve gone for Episode 5 but by that time it was already late and my eyes were already heavy
- House chores galore (me at war with nasty floor stains) while listening to 90’s rock (Silverchair, The Nixons, Screaming Trees, Pearl Jam, Singles OST)
- Shave + haircut (learned that my barber’s younger brother was one of the three Air Force soldiers who died in a chopper crash in Tanay, Rizal, two weeks ago)
- Finished reading The Trenchcoat Brigade
- Read a couple of pages of Ioann Grillo’s El Narco: Inside Mexico’s Criminal Insurgency
- Pampered ourselves with an hour of Swedish massage
- Watched Episode 3 of American Gods
And now it’s Monday, a bit cloudy outside, the air smelling of rain, and I hope this workweek will be a fast one. Unless something crazy happens, like the world going kaput, me and the girls will be beachfront next weekend.